What chemistry is used to process the films?
Traditional B&W films are developed in ILFORD ILFOTEC DD chemistry in a Refrema Dip and Dunk processor.

Chromogenic B&W films such as XP2 and Kodak CN400 as well as colour films are processed in Fujifilm CN16 / C41 chemistry.

Can you process other manufacturers films?
Yes, we can accept 35mm and 120 films from any manufacturer.

Can you accept colour films?
We can process and print colour films both 35mm and 120 format.

We can also offer a Develop and Scan service for colour films if you don't want prints.

What happens with XP2 or Chromogenic B&W films
We process XP2 in C41 chemistry, but prints are made on Black and White paper as opposed to colour paper. So you are guaranteed a neutral B&W finish.

What about E6 Slide film?
We can't process in E6 chemistry unfortunately.
I you would like us to cross process your E6 film in C41 chemistry for a creative type effect. Please indicate in the order notes at checkout.

Can you make prints from existing colour slides?
Yes we can - please see the reprints section for how to order.

I have found an old exposed B&W film, can you process it?
We often receive old exposed films which have been uncovered from storage. It is important to contact us before sending the films. In all cases, we will adjust the processing to suit. We will also normally charge process only should no images be usable. We recommend old films should be shipped recorded delivery to our direct address.



What paper do you print to?
For Black and White printing we use Harman GDS RC. This is a medium weight panchromatic black and white paper available in pearl and glossy finish.
For colour printing we use Fujifilm Crystal Archive.

What chemistry do you use?

For Black and White, we process our paper using ILFORD 2000RT Developer and Fix.
For colour material we use Genuine Fujifilm chemicals for both film and paper processing.

How are digital prints exposed?
We use laser devices to expose the photographic paper.


Old Pre-Paid Mailers

Will you still honour old mailers?
Yes, we will still honour the old mailers but you should change to the new address.

New address labels can be downloaded using the link on the film order pages.

We are no longer accepting credit card slips, and instead will send a secure payment link for any extra services required.

Process Paid Mailers and Forms

I have a process paid mailer what do I do with it?

We have a page on the website where you can register your mailer and place your order.

Register your process paid mailer and form here

One you have registered the form, complete the checkout and post of the film to us in the freepost envelope provided.

Blank Films

What happens if my film is blank and I ordered scans or prints?

We appreciate that mistakes can happen from time to time, and in the event that we can't provide all the services we will provide an e-voucher for the equivalent difference. This can be used against any future order, the voucher will not expire, but is non-transferable.

We will always contact you to explain the problem.

Product Technical Information

Information on ILFORD and Kentmere Films can be found here

Information on Cameras can be found here